The steps for verifying your blog post are split into two sections. The first section provides the steps that must be followed before your post is live on your blog site. The steps are as follows
- Navigate to your assignment on the Tapinfluence platform and scroll down to the box titled "Compose Your Blog Post" and make sure the "Your Blog Dashboard" Radio button is selected. (Highlighted in green)
- Copy the embed code for the assignment. Note: Each assignment's embed code is unique, so make sure you're pulling from the correct post. (Highlighted in red)
- Using your HTML editor on your blog site, paste the entirety of the copied script at the end of your post.
- Feel free to adjust anything within the <p> ... </p> range, as this will display as text on the post itself.
- Before leaving the HTML editor, you must click Update/Publish. Navigating to the visual tab without doing this can strip out the code and you will have to start over at step 2.
- At this point, provided you have received approval from your program contact, you may post your content live and move on to the second step required for verification.
The second section provides the steps for verification after your blog post is live and the embed code has been properly implemented. The steps are as follows:
- Navigate to your post on your blog site
- Copy the URL from the address bar
- Navigate to your assignment on the Tapinfluence platform and scroll down to the box titled "Compose Your Blog Post" and locate the box within that section titled "Verify Your Published URL"
- Paste the link you copied earlier into the box and click Verify to verify your post. Note: If for some reason the Verify button is grayed out, simply click anywhere on the screen and the button should become clickable.
As long as there are no other issues with your account or post, the post should verify and you should be good to go! If the post does not verify, please consult one of our other troubleshooting documents for more assistance.
Please open a support ticket with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any more help!